Current Resident FAQ

What am I responsible for as a resident?

Depending on the terms of your contract and type of rental, residents can be responsible for the following:

  • Securing all utilities for home, unless otherwise provided
  • Lawn care, unless otherwise provided
  • Changing the furnace/air conditioning filters regularly
  • Minor repairs to your home, including, but not limited to, replacing light bulbs and clogged drains
  • Changing the smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector batteries during tenancy
  • Complying with all Homeowner Association Rules
  • Following the terms of your lease.
  • Alerting the landlord to any maintenance that is needed
  • Accommodating visits to perform maintenance
  • Notifying Landlord of any tenancy changes, person or animal
When is rent due?

Rent is due on the 1st of the month and late on the 2nd. Late fees are calculated at 1% of the monthly rent per day, with a maximum cap of 10%

How can I pay rent after I move in?

Rent can be paid by check, money order, CashPay or online through your Tenant Web Access (TWA).  If rent is paid late, we will only accept rent in the form of certified funds (cashier’s check, money order or CashPay).  We do not accept cash payments for rental payments.


Yes! One-Time payments can be made through your tenant web access; tenants can also setup recurring payments. Please note if a tenant completes the recurring payments through the TWA it will override any payment information we have on file. The tenant will be responsible to manage all payment information going forward.


Tenant web access (TWA) is a FREE online web portal for tenants to view charges & payments, Make One-Time Payments, Setup Recurring Payments, and create service issues. If you have not signed up for your TWA contact your property manager for your account number and instruction


Upon receiving the setup instructions from your property manager you will need to go to and in the upper right hand corner select “USER LOGIN”; tenant and click signup. Be sure to follow the instructions provided by your property manager as you will want to choose the correct location.


For additional information check out the Tenant Web Access (TWA) Introduction Video on YouTube

WHAT IS CashPay?

With CashPay/CheckFreePay tenants are now able to pay on their account with CASH! Just take your CheckFreePay card to your local Fred Meyer, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Ace Cash Express, or any other participating CheckFreePay location, present the card and make your payment. All CashPay/CheckFreePay transactions are subject to a $4 convenience fee. Contact your property manager to request your CashPay/CheckFreePay card today!


Please be aware that the CashPay/CheckFreePayment cutoff time is 11:59pm. That means any payments made after 11:59pm on the 1st are subject to late fees in accordance with your lease agreement.

Can I just move out when my lease expires?

Ideally you will have a conversation with your property manager 60-90 days prior to the end of your lease term.  Generally speaking, all parties agree to a plan of action regarding the expiration of your lease.  If you do not renew or extend your lease, in writing, the term will end and the expectation will be that you move out on/before the final day of your lease term.  If the homeowner’s plan is to place a new tenant or sell the property upon your departure, it is very likely that new tenant (or buyer) prospects will be viewing the home prior to your departure.

How do I terminate my lease?

Again, this is best handled via conversation with your property manager.  If you wish to terminate (aka “break”) your lease early, there are provisions in place for this as outlined in your lease.

How do I submit routine maintenance requests?

There are several ways to submit a maintenance request, they must be submitted in writing.  You may email your property manager or use the Tenant Portal (aka “Tenant Web Access”), you may fax in a request, or, if none of these options are available to you, mail a request.  Alternatively, you may call your property manager to submit a request via phone, but again, we prefer requests be in writing.

What do I do in an emergency?

If your emergency is life threatening, dial 911. For other emergencies, please try calling your property manager first on any/all phone numbers that you have for them.  If you cannot reach them quickly, dial our front desk at (425) 455-5515 and if you receive the after-hours greeting, you will be prompted to press a button to report an emergency.  Your call will be routed to our 24/7 emergency operator who will assist in getting the issue taken care of immediately.

Do I have to be present for a service technician to perform work?

No, all of our service technicians are licensed, bonded and insured, they also display the utmost in professionalism. Should you desire to be home when the service is performed, please schedule with the vendor accordingly when they contact you to make an appointment.  Per your lease agreement, if you cause unnecessary delay in the vendor’s ability to perform the work that is required, you will be charged for additional costs accumulated as such.

How quickly can I expect my request to be performed?

There are many factors that go into each request and we cannot set a firm schedule.  We take pride in working with well qualified vendors and completing maintenance issues as quickly as possible.  Please understand there are times when, for non-urgent issues, we are at the mercy of our vendors’ schedules and also the time it takes for necessary parts to be shipped if applicable.

Can I perform the work myself and send you the bill?

No. Unauthorized repairs will not be reimbursed. Should you wish to perform work on your property, it must be approved in writing prior to any work being performed.  If you are having trouble with a maintenance request being handled in a timely fashion, please call our office and ask to speak to a branch manager.

Can I withhold my rent for items not being corrected to my satisfaction?

No.  Under the WA State Landlord Tenant Act it is prohibited for a resident to withhold rent for failure to fix items submitted.  If rent is not paid for any reason, your landlord can start the eviction process against you

Can I change the locks on my home?

Should you desire to change them during your tenancy, you must first receive written approval from our office. The work must be done by a licensed locksmith and three keys to each new lock must be provided to our office within 24 hours of the work being done.

Can I paint my home a different color?

This, and any other alterations, must be specifically approved in writing and if approved must be completed to a professional standard.  Paint, and any other alteration, that was not pre-approved in writing may be charged back to you in order to “put things back the way they were originally.”

Current Resident Move Out and Security Deposit Questions

Can I apply my security deposit to my last month's rent?

No. Your security deposit is held in a Trust account and can only be used for outstanding charges after you vacate the property.

What do I need to do when I move out?

As a reminder, depending on the terms of your lease, the following may be required prior to the end of your lease term:

  • Remove all personal property and all trash
  • Professionally clean all carpets, submitting the receipt with your keys
  • Have a professional deodorization treatment performed, submitting the receipt with your keys (only if pets were present)
  • We strongly recommend hiring professional cleaners for the following:  Vacuum all hardwood floors and mop all vinyl/tile floors, wash all cabinets, inside and out, clean all appliances, inside and out, clean all areas of the home, including baseboards, window sills, door frames, ceiling fans, toilets, tubs, showers, and light fixtures, etc.
  • Replace all furnace filters with new ones, ensure that all smoke/CO alarms have operable batteries
  • Mow grass, trim shrubs, and remove any debris Maintain the yard to its original condition to match when you moved in (only if lawn care is not included)
  • Secure all windows and doors
  • Replace any burned out light bulbs
  • Return all keys, garage door openers, and any other items provided to you to our office
  • Notify us of your desired address for the return of your security deposit. If a stop payment and re-issue is necessary on your security deposit check as a result of you not providing a proper forwarding address, there could be a bank fee associated.
When do I have to return the keys after I move out?

All keys, receipts, and other required items must be returned upon vacating the home.  Until keys are returned, possession of the home has not been completely turned back over to the landlord.

What do you do with my security deposit after I move out?

Immediately after you vacate the property, one of our agents visits the property and performs a move-out inspection to assess the condition of the property in comparison to your move-in report. We then process your security deposit in strict accordance with applicable state laws.

When can I get my security deposit back?

Your statement of deposit settlement, and any applicable refund due, will be mailed to you within 14 days of your move out and surrender of possession of the home.  In some cases, this will be an estimated statement as all charges may not be known, to the penny, within 14 days.  For example, if you vacate mid-utility-cycle, we will estimate what you owe on your final bill and withhold accordingly to ensure full payment and once we verify it has been paid, we will send a second statement with additional refund due as applicable.

What if my security deposit does not cover my charges?

We will send you a letter notifying you of a balance due and enclose receipts supporting the charges. Payment will be expected promptly to prevent further action.

What if I do not pay my outstanding charges?

Any outstanding charges will be turned over to a collection agency for processing and might become part of your permanent credit history.