Happy Summer! We wanted to share a few tips on how to help your yard and plants stay alive and healthy in the warmer months of the year.
For Sprinkler Systems:
- Let your Property Manager know if your system is not running properly.
- Water daily (unless it is raining) one time for approximately 10 minutes in the morning before 7am.
- If you have newly planted shrubs, trees, or lawns (planted within the last year), water at least 3 times per week until their root systems are established.
- Water each plant individually and give them enough water so the root ball gets thoroughly wet. The root ball is generally the same size underground as the foliage above ground.
- Water the roots, don’t just wet down the leaves
- A hose with a shower nozzle works well for this task.
We hope you have a wonderful summer enjoying the sunshine!